Snickerdoodle Cookies © Courtesy of Egg Farmers of Ontario
A classic for any baker – cookies with crisp edges, a chewy centre and lots of cinnamon sugar!
Yield: 18/46 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Bake Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cream of tartar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Gradually beat into wet ingredients.
- Cinnamon Sugar: In small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop cookie dough and roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Gently roll in cinnamon sugar and place on baking sheet, 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Gently flatten with a fork and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon sugar. Bake for about 8 to10 minutes until light golden. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Ontario eggs are healthy, easy to prepare, affordable and produced by local farmers. Egg Farmers of Ontario is pleased to offer you recipes, cooking techniques, and tips to simplify meal preparation.