As we begin hosting small gatherings, it’s time to break out a recipe that sings summer.
A recent LG Canada survey found that 48% of Canadians are concerned about sharing meals, so it’s important that any dishes you prepare minimizes food sharing among guests.
Here, Celebrity Chef Anna Olson shares her crowd-pleasing tomato tart recipe that fits the bill. The dish makes for a great appetizer and can also be served as individual hors d’oeuvres.
Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
- 3 (450 g) cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (15 mL) tbsp roasted garlic oil
- 2 cloves roasted garlic, chopped
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 250 g sheet of puff pastry
- 3-4 (45-60 ML) tbsp roasted garlic oil
- 2 oz (60 g) plain goat cheese
- 2 (30 mL) tbsp freshly chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400OF (200 OC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toss tomatoes with garlic oil, garlic cloves, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place the puff pastry sheet on baking tray, dock it with a fork then brush lightly with garlic oil. Tumble tomato mixture onto pastry, spread into a single layer.
- Add crumbled goat cheese over tomatoes and bake. If you use an oven like the LG ProBake Convection oven it will evenly distribute heat and reduce the need to constantly check the dish.
- Set timer for 25 minutes – you can head back to the party to mingle while you wait.
- Cool for 15 minutes and top with fresh basil. Cut into squares and serve on individual plates.