© Courtesy of Lewis County
Home to clear skies and open spaces, the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region is a must-visit destination. Whether you’re looking for family fun or an adrenaline rush, our backyard is your next adventure. Play, eat, and experience all that Lewis County, NY, has to offer.
With over 400 miles of trails, the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region has no shortage of opportunities!
Snowshoeing & Cross-Country Skiing
With naturally beautiful attractions, Lewis County is home to great State Forests and Wilderness areas. Enjoy hiking in a number of local parks and state parks, and be sure to check out the scenic views hidden in the tranquility of our small, charming communities. Take a trip to Osceola Ski & Sport Resort to access a range of cross-country trails and endless scenic views! Need gear? Osceola Ski & Sport Resort offers rentals to keep your adventure on track.
While you’re out, join the LC33 Hiking Challenge! Trails in the challenge are:
- Carpenter Road Recreational Road | Turin, NY
- Gleasmans Falls | Lowville, NY
- Green Pond | Diana, NY
- Harlequin Rock | Harrisville, NY
- Inman Glide | Pinckney, NY
- John Young Trail | Pinckney, NY
- Little Silver Dawn Lake | Diana, NY
- NYS DEC Demonstration Area | Lowville, NY
- Otter Creek Horse Trails | Glenfield, NY
- Panther Pond | Glenfield, NY
- Pinckney Bike Trails | Pinckney, NY
- Pine Lake | Brantingham, NY
- Sand Pond | Watson, NY
- Whetstone Gulf – Camp & Exercise Trails | Lowville, NY
- Whetstone Gulf – Gorge Trail | Lowville, NY
Take a hike, take in the Adirondacks Tug Hill views, and enjoy your adventure in our backyard!
Home to record-setting snowfall, the Tug Hill is known for some of the best snowmobiling in the Northeast! Lake effect snowstorms cover the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region in a canvas of white, perfect for a winter adventure. Bring your friends, join a club, thank a volunteer and enjoy!
Snowmobile Clubs in Lewis County, NY:
- Barners Corners Sno-Pals Inc.
- Brantingham SnoMads Inc.
- Lewis County Area Snowmobile Association Inc.
- Long Pond Sno Sled Club Inc.
- Missing Link Snowmobile Club, Inc.
- Osceola Snowmobile Club Inc.
- Southern Tug Hill Snow Riders Inc.
- Turin Ridge Riders Inc.
- Valley Sno Travelers of Lewis County Inc.
Downhill Skiing & Snow Tubing
Find your adrenaline rush on the slopes! Home to Snow Ridge Ski Resort, the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region has plenty of opportunities for adventure! Take a trip down The Mountain, hone your skills on a terrain park, or catch the annual Pond Skim. No matter what you’re looking for, our backyard is your adventure! Find more fun at the Snow Park at Maple Ridge—the longest snow tubing hill in Northern New York!
While snow piles on the Hill, fish are biting in the water! Catch Brown Trout, Chain Pickerel, Lake Trout, Northern Pike, Tiger Muskellunge, Walleye and Yellow Perch in our abundant waters!
Head to these spots to join the ice fishing community:
- Francis Lake | Watson, NY
- Lake Bonaparte | Diana, NY
- Soft Maple Reservoir | Croghan, NY
- Whetstone Marsh Pond | Martinsburg, NY
Lewis County Cuisine Trail
The Lewis County Cuisine Trail travels through back roads to the Villages of Lowville, Croghan, Castorland and Copenhagen to showcase locally sourced and produced foods unique to the area. From goat farms, cow dairies, farmer-owned cooperatives, the International Maple Museum, famous Croghan Bologna, and restaurants carrying local products, the Lewis County Cuisine Trail offers a little (and delicious!) taste of Lewis County to everyone.
Members of the Lewis County Cuisine Trail are:
- Autumn Ridge Goat Farm | Turin, NY
- Cedar Hedge Farm | Lowville, NY
- Colwell’s Farm Market & Garden Center | Glenfield, NY
- Croghan Meat Market | Croghan, NY
- Hidden Pastures Dairy | Glenfield, NY
- Hopenhagen Farm | Copenhagen, NY
- International Maple Museum Centre | Croghan, NY
- jeb’s Restaurant | Lowville, NY
- Lowville Producer’s Dairy Cooperative | Lowville, NY
- Miller’s Meat Market | Lowville, NY
- Tug Hill Estate | Lowville, NY
- West Martinsburg Mercantile | Lowville, NY
Extend Your Visit
The best way to experience adventure is to stay in the heart of it! Enjoy the action at a rustic cabin, or stay warm in a cozy bed and breakfast. No matter which experience you’re looking for, the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region has opportunities for you. Check out these lodging picks:
- Buckheart Pond Retreat | Croghan, NY
- Flat Rock Inn & Campgrounds | Lowville, NY
- Florissante the Mansion | Lyons Falls, NY
- Judge’s Quarters Bed & Breakfast | Lowville, NY
- Ridge View Lodge | Lowville, NY
- The Edge Hotel | Lyons Falls, NY
- Timberview Resort | Turin, NY
Let our backyard be your next adventure. Plan your trip to the Adirondacks Tug Hill Region at adirondackstughill.com
The Lewis County Chamber of Commerce was organized in 1945 to promote business and economic activity in Lewis County through the efforts of its membership and staff.