Photo © Courtesy of Greeniche
With the holiday season comes sugary treats—and guilt about not making healthy choices! But it doesn’t have to be that way. By swapping unhealthy ingredients such as white sugar with healthier substitutes like stevia, you can dig into decadent desserts without worrying too much about the consequences.
Greeniche Natural Health’s Flavorall is popular among Canadian chefs and bakers as a high-quality and versatile sugar substitute and flavouring ingredient. This calorie-and sugar-free liquid sweetener is extracted from the Stevia rebaudiana herb and available in 25 unique varieties, which can be used to add sweetness and flavour to your favourite foods and beverages, any cooking/baking recipe, or even plain water.
Below is a healthy galette recipe, featuring the Flavorall Amazing Almond & Awesome Apple flavours. This beautiful, rustic dessert becomes guilt-free when white sugar is replaced with maple syrup and Flavoralls! We think it would look great as part of your holiday spread. Enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Almond Galette
- 1½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil (not melted)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼-½ tsp Flavorall Amazing Almond Stevia Liquid
- ¼-½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup almond slices
- 1 ½ large honey crisp apples, sliced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ – ½ tsp Flavorall Awesome Apple Stevia Liquid
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Mix all crust ingredients, except sliced almonds. Cut oil into the batter using a fork and then combine well using your hands. Place dough in your freezer.
- Gently mix all filling ingredients until the apples are well coated.
- Remove the dough from the freezer and place on parchment. Flatten the dough slightly with your hands and place another parchment on top. Roll the dough out using a rolling pin.
- Lay out the apples in the centre of your dough, leaving 3 inches around your circle or square to fold the dough over the edges of the apple mixture.
- Use the bottom layer of parchment to fold the dough on top of the apples.
- Gently baste the folded dough in coconut oil and sprinkle with almond slices.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
Recipe by Rebecca Owusu, a wellness blogger who shares delicious vegan and gluten-free recipes on her blog, thathealthysprout.com.
Greeniche bases all of our products around high quality ingredients, using nature, history, and science as a guide. We skip all of the fillers and chemical additives and focus on packing our products with high quality, time-tested ingredients.