© Photo Courtesy of Fromagerie Bergeron
Fromagerie Bergeron, founded in 1989, brings the Bergeron expertise into the future. Starting with the original Dutch recipe for Gouda, they developed a unique and distinctive “Bergeron’’ taste and quickly established themselves as the Canadian Gouda Masters.
Inspired by the success of the Bergeron Classique Gouda, the family took their innovation further. They created a cheese made with partially skimmed milk, a cumin-flavoured cheese, a naturally-smoked cheese and even a washed-rind cheese, the acclaimed Fin Renard. Today, the fourth generation of Bergeron’s are continuing the legacy of Fromagerie Bergeron, with innovative recipes like Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light Cheese-Stuffed Brochettes, a delicious addition to your family dinners!
Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light is a smoked firm ripened cheese made with partly skimmed pasteurized cow’s milk and a chestnut-coloured, edible rind. Cold-smoked over natural wood, Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light is lactose-free and has a roasted, well-balanced flavour that doesn’t overwhelm the slight tanginess of the cheese. Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light pairs perfectly with apples in a unique and tasty grilled cheese and works as a delightful finish to any meal. Invite the Bergerons over for dinner!
Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light Cheese-Stuffed Brochettes
Preparation: 15 minutes | Marinating: 1 hour | Cooking time: 2 minutes per brochette
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- A few wedges of Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light cheese
- About 300g of beef fondue
- Wooden skewers
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl and stir in meat to be well coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Cut Le Bergeron Classique Smoked Light cheese wedges into strips.
- Assemble the brochettes by skewering a strip of cheese coated with a few slices of beef fondue. Repeat until all the meat is used. Remember, it’s worth it!
- Grill over medium heat for one minute on each side or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with spicy mayonnaise or the sauce of your choice.
Find more recipes at fromagesbergeron.com/en/recipes
Get your free copy of Global Heroes, jam-packed with positive news, straight in your inbox.
Fromagerie Bergeron is committed to lowering its environmental footprint by optimizing its daily practices. Sustainable development is the key to ensuring the company’s prosperity without compromising that of future generations.