COBS Bread Ricotta and Raspberry French Toast
Being a community bakery is about more than just making delicious, fresh baked goods – it’s about showing up and giving back. No one understands that better than the international-but-still-local bakery, COBS Bread.
Founded in 1980 by Roger and Lesley Gillespie, COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight, an Australian bakery franchise. Since its inception, COBS has grown exponentially, with over 700 bakeries worldwide, including 125 bakeries in Canada.
COBS knows that real change starts from within – that’s why they work hard to hold themselves accountable to their customers and employees, by always working to find better solutions and innovating opportunities to improve. COBS makes a true effort to ensure their business practices are sustainable, ethically sourced, and environmentally friendly.
Raspberry Ricotta Stuffed French Toast
- 2 slices of COBS Bread Country Grain Loaf
- 120g Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 pint raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil icing sugar, to serve Maple syrup, to serve
- Divide the ricotta cheese between each slice of bread and spread evenly. Place raspberries on one slice of bread.
- Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread. Place beaten egg and milk in a shallow bowl or plate with high sides. Dip the entire sandwich in the egg milk mixture and let it soak for about a minute. Flip the sandwich over to coat the other side with egg.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium low heat. Cook the sandwiches slowly on one side for about five minutes until egg is golden brown and set. Turn and cook the other side.
- Remove French toast sandwich from the pan and place on a serving plate. Cut into half, drizzle with maple syrup, dust with powdered sugar, and add fresh raspberries if desired.
Optional: Try this recipe with our Cinnamon Loaf for an extra elevated breakfast!
—By Raye Mocioiu