Photos © Greenhouse
Nothing says “cozy night in” quite like a bowl of pasta. For both nutrient density and deliciousness, this bowl includes a sheet pan’s worth of roasted veggies.
Butternut squash has a host of fantastic health benefits. One serving of butternut squash is more than 80% water, making it a great hydrator. It’s also a great source of vitamin A, beta-carotene, healthy fats, and fibre. Adding a generous handful of greens to half of the sauce and then swirling the two together adds fanciness to this quick Sunday night feast.
- ½ Butternut squash cubed
- ½ Onion chopped
- 2-3 Cloves garlic
- A couple of sprigs of rosemary and thyme
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil for roasting
- ¾ Cup almond milk
- ½ Cup water
- ¼ Cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
Optional: Spinach to add some greens or to make fun colours.
- Toss together butternut squash, onion, garlic, herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and roast at 400 for 40 minutes.
- In a blender, add roasted veg, almond milk, water, nutritional yeast and lemon and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. If it is too thick, you can always add more water or almond milk to get it to your desired consistency.
- Optional: separate half the mixture, add a large handful of greens, and mix the two sauces when serving!
- Optional garnish: nuts or seeds, basil, nutritional yeast, fried capers or anything you want!
Greenhouse is a Canadian organic beverage company that’s making it easier to get your daily dose of healthy greens. Their range includes cold-pressed juices, plant milks, lemonades, kombuchas, and more, all packaged in sustainable glass bottles, ensuring healthy products of the highest quality.
To learn more about Greenhouse and its commitment to green, visit greenhouse.ca