Photo © Courtesy of Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
Hear leading health care professionals and experts in the digestive health space present on:
- Fermented Foods
- The Low FODMAP Diet
- Feeding your gut with Fibre, Prebiotics, and Probiotics
- Diets for Chronic Digestive Diseases
- Celiac Disease vs Gluten Intolerance
- Food Intolerances vs Food Allergies
- How Do I Know If My Poop is Normal?
Event kick-off: November 3rd, 2021
Enjoy access to all presentations online until January 30th, 2022
Register at: CDHF.ca/events/trending-now/
About the Canadian Digestive Health Foundation (CDHF.ca):
The CDHF is Canada’s trusted resource on digestive health. Committed to providing useful, up-to-date information and research to help Canadians better manage digestive conditions and live healthier lives.
Some of the #trendingtopics you can expect to learn more about include:
- Fermented foods are foods or beverages that are produced by controlled microbial growth. They include things like yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, and kimchi which can help with weight management and improve bone health and blood pressure.
- Probiotics come in pill and powder form but can also be found in certain fermented foods, including fermented milks like some yogurt and kefir. They can help us digest fibre and help manage certain digestive conditions. Be sure to consult with your doctor or dietitian about whether a probiotic is right for you.
- Low FODMAP Diet: FODMAPs are a group of small carbohydrate (sugar) molecules found in everyday foods that may be poorly absorbed in the small intestine of some people. Those with IBS may benefit from a low FODMAP diet for overall symptoms such as abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, excess gas, constipation, and diarrhea.
About METRO Inc.
METRO Inc. is a food and pharmacy leader in Quebec and Ontario.
My Health My Choices is a new guide for customers who want to simplify making the best product choices based on their own lifestyles, values or health needs when they shop.
Canada’s trusted resource on digestive health. Committed to providing useful, up-to-date information and research to help Canadians better manage digestive conditions and live healthier lives.