GLOBAL HEROES GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY (The “Sweepstakes”)
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL SWEEPSTAKES DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE SWEEPSTAKES RULES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES RULES”).
1. The promoter is IVY HOUSE MEDIA LIMITED (GLOBAL HEROES), whose registered office is at 2660 Sherwood Heights Drive, Oakville, Ontario, L6J 7Y8.
2. No purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes.
3. This sweepstake begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on November 9, 2023, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on December 8, 2023. To enter, log onto WEB ADDRESS HERE during the sweepstakes period, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry. Each participant must subscribe to Global Heroes online Newsletter during the Sweepstakes Timeframe. Once subscribed, their email address will be automatically entered into the draw. If you are already a subscriber, you must submit an entry form for each Sweepstakes.
4. By entering the contest all entrants will receive FREE access to the latest online issue of Global Heroes Magazine.
5. NOTE: A subscription must be made by you using your valid email account. Subscriptions made by any other individual or entity will be declared invalid. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Any attempt to manipulate the Sweepstakes, including the set up and use of multiple email addresses, will result in you being disqualified.
- For entry via social media: Without limiting the foregoing, if entry in the Sweepstakes occurs via one or several of the official social networking pages, the entry must occur during the applicable Sweepstakes entry period by means of the applicable third party service or site (each, a “Third Party Service”). To enter a Sweepstakes by means of a Third Party Service, you must have a valid account with the applicable Third Party Service and are solely responsible for ensuring that your account settings allow the applicable promoter to view your account as required to administer the applicable Sweepstakes (failing which, you may be disqualified). By creating an account with a Third Party Service, you agree to comply with such Third Party Service’s Terms of Service. By entering a Sweepstakes by means of a Third Party Service, entrants completely release any such Third Party Service of all liability in relation to his/her participation in the applicable Sweepstakes. Entrants acknowledge that the applicable Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Third Party Service(s) and that any questions, comments or complaints regarding any Sweepstakes should be directed to Global Heroes and not to Third Party Service(s).
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to IVY HOUSE MEDIA Limited (GLOBAL HEROES) and not to any other party.
6. After the initial sweepstakes entry, entrants can increase the chances of winning with additional entries by liking/following Global Heroes Instagram. Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state or province of residence (excluding the province of Quebec). Void where prohibited by law. Employees (including immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each) of the promoter and each of its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers are not eligible to enter.
7. One entry per person/per email.
8. Prize drawings will be held on or about December 11, 2023, from among the total eligible entries received to randomly select 1 Grand Prize winner. Decisions of the promoter are final and binding. Winner will be notified on or about December 11, 2023, by email, phone, social media, or postal mail at the discretion of the promoter. The winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. If any potential winner is a Canadian resident (with the exception of Quebec, residents of which are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes), he/she will be required to answer a time-limited skill-testing question without assistance, in order to be eligible to receive a prize. A potential winner is not an official winner until his/her eligibility has been verified, and he/she has been notified that verification is complete. The promoter is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
9. Grand Prize: $250 Gift Card; valued at $250.00. The value will be in the currency based on the location of the winner. If the winner is a Canadian resident, the value of the prize will be CAD. Similarly, if the winner is a resident of the United States, the value of the prize will be in USD.
10. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
11. Gift Card may be delivered as a Virtual Gift Card, Gift Certificate for purchase of the Gift Card, or physical Gift card may be mailed to the winner at the sole discretion of the promoter. Terms and conditions of the Gift card provider will apply.
12. The potential winner will be notified by mail, email, social media, or phone using the information provided at the time of entry. The potential winner may be required to sign and return a Waiver of Eligibility, Liability Release and where imposing such a condition is legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Waiver”), which must be received within fourteen (14) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize.
13. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, and local laws. The potential winner will forfeit his/her prize if: he/she is disqualified for any reason; fails to sign and return the Waiver in the allowable period of time; provide the promoter with any other requested information; is unable to be contacted within 7 days of first attempted notification or fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly. In such an event, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Any prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of the prize to an alternate winner. The prize is non-transferable. No cash equivalent permitted and no substitution of prize by any winner. In the event of unavailability, the promoter will substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The promoter reserves the right to substitute the cash value of the prize at its discretion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the promoter and its agencies to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited law. THE PRIZE IS AWARDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. By accepting a prize, official winner agrees to hold the promoter its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage to you or other persons or property which may be caused from or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or your downloading of any materials related to this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize.
14. The promoter is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, by typographical or printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; (3) any error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the winners or prizes; or (4) technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in any Sweepstakes-related matter or materials. The promoter is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in interruption, deletion, defect, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by the promoter on account of technical problems on the Internet or at any Web site. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the promoter’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the promoter in its sole discretion. In such an event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. If for any reason your entry is confirmed to have been erroneously lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes.
15. In the event of a dispute as to entries submitted by multiple individuals using the same email account, the entry in question will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the time of entry. The authorized email account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization or entity responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Official winners may be required to show proof that he/she is an authorized account holder.
16. Except where prohibited, by participating, you agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the promoters in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the PROVINCE OF ONTARIO or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
18. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the promoter reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- IVY HOUSE MEDIA Limited (GLOBAL HEROES) shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.