Top Image © Courtesy of Grimms Fine Foods – andouille sausage tacos
Since 1951, Grimm’s Fine Foods has brought families and friends together around the table to enjoy delicious meals and create countless memories. The quality of Grimm’s has always been at the heart of the brand; premium ingredients, centuries-old European values, and the desire to create healthy and delicious food for Canadians.
Grimm’s is sensitive to the dietary needs of consumers; a significant number of their products are gluten, lactose, and soya free, with no added MSG or sulphites. They boast a large selection of lean, high-protein products, with zero grams of sugar per serving, making them a natural choice for Canadian consumers.
As a Canadian company, Grimm’s is proud to produce an array of products made with Premium Verified Canadian Pork, raised without antibiotics, and a selection of organic and non-GMO foods.
Grimm’s regularly partners with a talented community of local Canadian chefs, featuring delicious recipes on Grimm’s social accounts and website. This featured recipe, Grimm’s Grilled RWA Andouille Sausage Tacos, was developed by local chef @VargaCooks. It is made using their Canadian Pork Sausages, raised without antibiotics (RWA), and is gluten and soya free. It is a great recipe to kickstart your summer grilling; it’s also simple to prepare during a busy work week and is a meal the whole family enjoys.
Serves: 4-6 • Prep: 10 minutes • Cook time: 20 minutes
- Grimm’s RWA Andouille Sausage
- Grimm’s Corn Tortillas
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup feta plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 limes
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Cook Grimm’s RWA Andouille Sausages on a preheated grill as directed
- Cut pineapple into 1-inch thick strips
- Grill pineapple strips, pepper, jalapeño, and halved avocado flesh side down for approximately 5-minutes, until veggies have grill marks, and flip if needed.
- Place Grimm’s Corn Tortillas on the grill until slightly softened with grill marks, then remove and wrap in a clean cloth to stay warm.
- Pineapple Salsa: Dice pepper, jalapeño, pineapple, 1 tablespoon of red
onion, and 2-3 tablespoons of cilantro, then squeeze fresh lime and toss with kosher salt.
- Lime Crema: In a food processor, mix feta, sour cream, and Mayo. Add in lime juice and salt to taste.
- Place diced sausage in a corn tortilla, top with pineapple salsa, lime crema, cilantro, and a slice of grilled avocado!
A TRUE CANADIAN SUCCESS STORY
Two brothers, Henry and Jacob Grimm, founded Grimm’s Fine Foods in 1951. They shared a handful of recipes and a vision to make the best products possible for their community. Over the years, their integrity and commitment to quality never wavered. Premium ingredients, traditional European values, and a desire to meet the ever-changing needs and tastes of consumers guided the company’s continuous growth.
Today Grimm’s Fine Foods is a recognized leader, celebrating over 70 years in business, offering an expansive variety of high-quality meat products, fine cheeses, tortillas, wraps, and snacks. The brand is a preferred choice for families and health-conscious consumers across the country.
Grimm’s guarantees that our products contain absolutely no fillers or bi-products. We try to make our products as low in salt and fat as possible and offer many options that are gluten, lactose, and soy-free with no MSG added.