Photo © Courtesy of GUSTA Foods
GUSTA is on a simple mission: to create and produce delicious and easy-to-make plant-based food products that are good for the mind, body, and planet. Built around the pleasure of eating and exploring the power of plants, GUSTA is committed to protecting the environment and sharing a love of plant-based foods in a way that is inclusive and dynamic.
GUSTA believes that truly good food doesn’t stop at being good for you, it’s good for the environment too! That’s why they are committed to advocating for greater social justice, animal rights, and reducing their carbon footprint to extend that goodness to the planet in a way that is never over-sophisticated or moralizing. It’s their contribution to making the world better.
In the Canadian food universe, GUSTA is one of the only companies that develops, manufactures, and sells a diverse line of clean-label vegan goodies, meaning their products are made with the fewest ingredients possible. GUSTA keeps their focus on simple and natural ingredients, upholding a standard of excellence and innovation in their recipes, products, processes, and business practices—and it’s paying off. The Food Processing Council of Quebec (CTAQ) awarded the 2021 Food Innovation Prize in the plant-based protein category to GUSTA’s new Veggie Ground, a testament to their creativity and brand vision. As the voice of the food industry, the CTAQ works to represent and enhance Quebec’s food industry and recognizes the companies that stand out for their exceptional innovation and originality.
The award-winning Veggie Ground comes in two bold and delicious flavours: Original, a versatile taste that goes with everything, and Mex, a spicy mix that makes the perfect addition to Mexican-themed dinner.
Photos © Courtesy of GUSTA Foods
No more confusing additives and colourings with hard-to-pronounce names, GUSTA’s short list of ingredients are clean and familiar.
Whether sliced, mixed, pan-fried, or oven-baked, GUSTA’s Veggie Ground makes for an easy and versatile addition to any meal.
A first for GUSTA Foods, the Veggie Ground is made from soy protein, with each serving containing 9g of protein per portion.
All of GUSTA’s products, including the new Veggie Ground, are precooked, so your meals can be whipped up that much faster if you’re short on time. There are so many ways to use GUSTA’s line of gourmet vegan products in your favourite recipes! The sausages and seitan roasts can be crumbled, sliced, barbecued, or cut in cubes and sautéed in a pan with a bit of vegetable oil. The cheeses can be grated, cubed or sliced on burgers, pizzas, sandwiches, pasta, etc. They melt deliciously well!
Local, sustainable, made-in-Canada products deserve a place on your table!
With healthy and artisanal plant-based products ranging from wheat sausages to seitan roasts, vegan cheeses to pâtés and grounds, available across Canada in more than 3,000 outlets, GUSTA has something for every set of taste buds.
Add GUSTA to your weeknight dinners! Try GUSTA’s new soy-based veggie grounds in this delicious quesadilla recipe that is sure to impress the whole family.
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 cup jalapenos, diced
- 350g GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- ½ can black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups (300g) vegan cheese, shredded
- Spices (1 tsp paprika, cumin, oregano, pepper, garlic, onion, and chili powder)
- Add olive oil to a pan over medium heat and add your onion, red pepper, and jalapenos. Fry until softened, then scrape to the outside of the pan. Add in the GUSTA Mex Veggie Ground and break up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, mix in spices and tomato paste.
- In a bowl combine cornstarch and water to make a slurry and mix till well combined.
- Deglaze the pan with the slurry mixture. Add black beans and allow to simmer and reduce for 5mins, stirring occasionally.
- Once fully reduced, take off heat and pour into a bowl.
- In a clean pan large enough to fit the tortilla, add more olive oil over medium-low heat and lay your first tortilla in the pan.
- Sprinkle over ½ cup of cheese, then 1/2 cup ground GUSTA mixture. Fold over and fry until golden-brown, then flip over to the other side. Repeat till the entire Ground GUSTA mixture is finished.
At GUSTA, social and ecological causes are important to us. That’s why we’re committed to doing our part for the environment with mouth-watering vegan food.