Photo © Courtesy of Chef Jagger Gordon
Don’t be fooled by the name! This recipe in a can will give new life to your holiday leftovers and have
your guests believing you are a gourmet chef.
Most of us do not realize how much food we throw away each day—from uneaten leftovers to spoiled produce. Chef Jagger Gordon diverts food waste and fights world hunger every day. Join the food-rescue crusade by transforming your leftovers into an unexpected masterpiece using Chef Jagger’s tricks of the trade.
Chef Jagger Gordon’s Holiday Leftover Gourmet Meal
- 4-8 empty soup or vegetable cans
- 1 (8-oz.) tube crescent rolls
- 1 c. leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 c. leftover stuffing
- 1 1/2 c. shredded leftover turkey
- 1 c. leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Leftover gravy, warmed for plating
- Remove both ends of vegetables/soup cans. Wash cans and remove labels.
- Place cans upright on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Grease the inside of each can with butter, oil or cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Unroll crescent rolls, arrange on baking sheet and cut 8 circles with the can.
- Spread mashed potatoes in the bottom of each can, forming a ring. Top with stuffing, turkey, and cranberry sauce.
- Place all 8 cans in a 350° oven for 20-25 min, combined with the crescent on the same baking sheet.
- Bake crescent 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove crescents from the oven but leave the cans to finish baking.
- When the cans are done, take each can one by one and push from the top down onto the middle of a plate for each guest (It’s best to use a small clean spice bottle from your cupboard).
- Brush baked crescent dough with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Place baked crescent on top of filling from the can.
- Pour hot leftover gravy around the cans filling on the plate.
- Garnish with parsley.
Voila! A gourmet presentation and a delicious meal crafted from leftovers!