Photo © Courtesy of Zirkova
“My love for our Ukrainian toasting traditions only deepened while living in Ukraine. It is about appreciating the people you are with and honouring the reason for the gathering,” said Zirkova Vodka CEO and co-founder Katherine Vellinga. “There is a real ritual to it, starting with toasting the occasion or the host, then moving to toasting friends, happiness or health, with the third toast to love.”
In Ukraine, a favourite toast is to exclaim “budmo” or “just be.” It acknowledges the greatness in each of us. Zirkova is committed to empowering everyone to do just that.
To be you, to appreciate and celebrate each other, and to unite through those moments that bring us together. And in doing so, we share and honour the spirit of Ukraine.
As we gather this holiday season, let’s be grateful for those around us. As we reflect on our accomplishments and plans for the future, let’s remember that small moments also deserve big praise. Gather your loved ones for a toast to the moments big and small.
These holiday-inspired drinks combine the best of the season with the best of Ukrainian vodka. Budmo!
Vodka Hot Chocolate
- 1.5oz Zirkova Vodka
- ½ cup whole milk
- ⅛ cup cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Marshmallow for topping
- Add milk, cream, sugar, cocoa, salt, and vanilla extract to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat, frequently whisking until combined.
- Cook until the edges of the liquid begin to simmer and remove from heat.
- Add 1.5oz of vodka and pour in the hot chocolate mixture.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1.5oz Zirkova Together Vodka
- 0.5oz Coffee Liqueur of choice
- 0.5oz Amaretto
- 0.5oz Vanilla Syrup
- 1oz Cream
- 2 dashes Black Walnut Bitter
- Add all ingredients in a shaker, shake with ice.
- Fine-strain in a coupe glass.
- Garnish with torched marshmallows.
- Serve and enjoy!