© Photo Courtesy of Fromagerie Bergeron
Fromagerie Bergeron, founded in 1989, brings the Bergeron expertise into the future. Starting with the original Dutch recipe for Gouda, they developed a unique and distinctive “Bergeron’’ taste and quickly established themselves as the Canadian Gouda Masters.
Inspired by the success of the Bergeron Classique Gouda, the family took their innovation further. They created a cheese made with partially-skimmed milk, a cumin-flavoured cheese, a naturally-smoked cheese and even a washed-rind cheese, the acclaimed Fin Renard.
Today, the fourth generation of Bergeron’s are continuing the legacy of Fromagerie Bergeron, with innovative recipes like Le Louis Cyr Cheese Tart.
Fromagerie Bergeron’s Louis Cyr cheese is made with milk that comes from cows fed a diet consisting mostly of dry hay. The Bergerons’ place immense care in selecting farms that meet these criteria specifically, inspired by traditional European cheesemaking methods. Since cheese is made mostly of milk, the taste of the milk is reflected in the final product. This award-winning cheese is the perfect complement to your holiday dinner, and this recipe is sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters. Invite the Bergerons over for the holidays!
Le Louis Cyr Cheese Tart
Preparation: 20 minutes • Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1-2 apples
- Melted butter
- 5 sheets phyllo dough
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Grated Le Louis Cyr cheese
- Walnuts and fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
- Cut apples into thin slices with a mandolin. Set aside.
- Melt a little butter. On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, stack all phyllo sheets, brushing each with butter before adding the next.
- Drizzle maple syrup on the last sheet.
- Spread thin slices of apple evenly over the pastry to cover it all.
- Top with Le Louis Cyr cheese, our champion ingredient.
- Add walnuts and fresh rosemary and finish with a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Cut and serve immediately to your guests.
More at fromagesbergeron.com/en/recipes/le-louis-cyr-cheese-tart/
Get your free copy of Global Heroes, jam-packed with positive news, straight in your inbox.
Since its very beginnings in 1989, Fromagerie Bergeron quickly established itself as the Canadian master Gouda maker.