Gourmet Bbq Burger COBS Bread
Being a community bakery is about more than just making delicious, fresh baked goods – it’s about showing up and giving back. No one understands that better than the international-but-still-local bakery, COBS Bread.
Founded in 1980 by Roger and Lesley Gillespie, COBS Bread is part of Bakers Delight, an Australian bakery franchise. Since its inception, COBS has grown exponentially, with over 700 bakeries worldwide, including 125 bakeries in Canada.
COBS knows that real change starts from within – that’s why they work hard to hold themselves accountable to their customers and employees, by always working to find better solutions and innovating opportunities to improve. COBS makes a true effort to ensure their business practices are sustainable, ethically sourced, and environmentally friendly.
To find about more about COBS Bakery and how they give back to their community, subscribe to the Global Heroes Magazine, and find them in our summer issue!
Gourmet BBQ Burger
TIME: 30 – 45 MINUTES – SERVES: 4
- 2lb ground beef, medium fat
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 wide-mouth mason jars
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded thinly
- 2 sprigs dill, chopped
- 2 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 4 garlic, smashed
- Red pepper flakes
GOURMET BBQ BURGER INSTRUCTIONS
- Assemble the beef patties, harissa mayo and pickled vegetables ahead of time.
- Pre-heat the BBQ to 375°F.
- Place the patties on the grill over indirect heat, close the lid and grill for 15 minutes or until desired colour.
- Toast the Gourmet Hamburger Buns for 5 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges.
- Assemble your burger with the harissa mayo, pickled vegetables, butter lettuce and sliced watercress – enjoy!
BEEF PATTIES INSTRUCTIONS
Combine all ingredients and mix together (hand mixing is best!). Shape into 4 even balls and flatten slightly.
HARISSA MAYO INSTRUCTIONS
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until needed.
PICKLED VEGETABLE INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash 2 mason jars and rings in warm soapy water and rinse well.
- Set aside to dry completely. Wash, dry and cut the vegetables into desired shapes and sizes.
- Pack the cucumbers into 1 jar adding 2 garlic, dill and red pepper flakes and cabbage adding 2 garlic and thyme into the other jar and make sure there is ½ inch of space at the top in each jar.
- Pack them as tightly as you can without squishing the vegetables.
- Combine the vinegar, water, salt and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour the brine over the vegetables in each jar filling until within ½ inch from the top.
- Gently tap the jars against the counter a few times removing all air bubbles. Place the lid over the jars and screw the rings until tight.
- Let jars cool to room temperature and then place in refrigerator for at least 48 hours. The pickled vegetables can be stored up to 2 months in the refrigerator.
—By Raye Mocioiu