© Courtesy of Fromagerie L’Ancetre
Discover L’Ancêtre’s extensive, multi-award-winning line of organic butter and cheeses, including cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, parmesan, gouda, and fondue. Since 1992, L’Ancêtre Organic’s acclaimed aged cheddar has been made with only quality unpasteurized organic milk from the St. Lawrence valley. Our experienced and dedicated cheesemakers ensure a carefully nurtured and natural aging process to achieve the unique flavour and texture beloved by Canadians. With the recent addition of Le Baluchon, an organic semi-soft cheese with a washed rind and winner of many Canadian Cheese Awards, including 2014 Cheese of the Year, L’Ancêtre has diversified its offerings and solidified its position as the leader in certified organic dairy products in Canada.
Besides being certified organic and non-GMO, most of L’Ancêtre’s cheeses are lactose-free, gluten-free, and animal rennet-free. What distinguishes L’Ancêtre from its competitors is its single-minded focus on organic and its vision to be a trailblazer in helping consumers make environmentally friendly choices.
Driven by its core values of organic farming and outstanding product quality, L’Ancêtre strives to make a meaningful difference in the areas of environmental preservation, animal welfare, and consumer health. With L’Ancêtre, every bite is an important step toward a better world.
Organic Lasagna with Cream of Broccoli
Serves: 8-10 | Prep time: 40 minutes | Cook time: 40 minutes
- 500 g (1.1 lb.) lasagna noodles made from rice, quinoa or spelt, or other organic paste containing no gluten
- 1 L (4 cups) broccoli florets
- 125 g package Parmesan L’Ancêtre
- 200g package L’Ancêtre Mozzarella cheese
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable broth concentrate
- 3 organic garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) organic rice milk
- 540 ml organic legumes of your choice, drained
- Pinches cayenne pepper,
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles as directed on the package, until al dente. Drain, then cool noodles with cold water. Drain again, leaving a small amount of water in the pan, then put pasta back in the pan.
- Cook the broccoli in a bit of water until they are tender, then drain. Purée with the parmesan cheese, broth, garlic, and about 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) rice drink in a food processor. If necessary, add a little rice milk to obtain the consistency of a white sauce.
- Pour a small amount of cream of broccoli into a baking dish (about 23 cm x 33 cm–9 inches x 13 inches). Cover the cream with a layer of noodles, then add more cream of broccoli. Garnish with another layer of noodles, then add the legumes. Add two more layers of pasta, moistened with cream of broccoli. Add salt and pepper and add a few pinches of cayenne pepper to taste between layers. Keep enough cream of broccoli to coat the top layer.
- Cover the lasagna with mozzarella cheese, then bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with arugula salad.
- If making the lasagna in advance, store covered in the refrigerator and bake an extra 10 minutes.
More recipes at fromagerieancetre.com
For 30 years, the nine founding families of L’Ancêtre have been placing animal welfare at the heart of their values. Their grass-fed cows enjoy outdoor pastures as soon as the weather allows it, making them exercise and live a longer and healthier lives.