Photo © Courtesy Anita’s Organic
Throughout the pandemic, many of us have tried our hand at baking bread—and if you haven’t yet, what better time to do so than on a picnic-perfect summer day?
Anita’s Organic Mill believes that baking has the power to forge deeper connections. That’s why they’re dedicated to creating the best organic flour and grains, made in Canada.
Whether enjoying a comfortable night in or making connections with friends new and old, enjoy the aroma and flavour of fresh-baked bread with this easy and delicious recipe!
- 350g Anita’s Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 140g Anita’s Organic Stone Ground Spelt Flour
- 300g water
- ¼ tsp instant yeast
- 11g salt
- 30g maple syrup
- 60g pecans, roughly chopped
- 8 sage leaves, chopped
- Combine yeast and water, then mix remaining ingredients until no dry bits remain. Transfer to an oiled container and let rise overnight (10-12 hours) until doubled in size.
- Scrape the dough out onto a lightly floured counter, being careful not to deflate it as much as possible. Shape by stretching each side up and pressing it down into the center of the dough.
- Place seam side down in a banneton or cloth-lined bowl that has been thoroughly dusted with rice flour to prevent sticking.
- Allow the shaped dough to rise for 1 hour. Meanwhile, set the oven to 500 degrees F and place a round cast iron dutch oven into the oven while it preheats.
For more Anita’s Organic recipes, please visit anitasorganic.com/recipes