Going Green(house): The Canadian Beverage Company Promoting Healthy Living Through Bottled Greens. Roasted Beet Salad with Herb and Garlic Cheese
Going Green(house): The Canadian Beverage Company Promoting Healthy Living Through Bottled Greens
Greenhouse is a Canadian organic beverage company that’s making it easier to get your daily dose of healthy greens.
Founded in 2014 by co-owners Emma Knight, Anthony Green, and Hana James, Greenhouse quickly gained a following of juice-lovers that were also looking for an efficient and sustainable way to get in their greens!
Greenhouse offers a wide variety of plant-based food and drinks, all made with love in Canada. Their range includes cold-pressed juices, plant milks, lemonades, kombuchas, and more, all packaged in sustainable glass bottles, ensuring healthy products of the highest quality. Cold-pressed juice is made by using hydraulic pressure to extract liquid from plants, without denaturing enzymes or damaging nutrients with heat or oxidation. Using this method, Greenhouse can squeeze out every healthy drop from its organic ingredients, keeping nutritious properties intact.
Greenhouse operates a Safe Quality Foods (SQF)-, organic-, kosher-, and HAACP-certified production facility, with multiple store locations in Toronto and juices distributed throughout hundreds of grocery stores nationwide. They’ve received numerous brand awards, including DesignThinker of the Year in 2019, and Strategy Brand of the Year in 2018.
Roasted Beet Salad with Herb and Garlic Cheese (V, GF)
One of the wonderful things about this salad is that it can be served warm, at room temperature, or even cold out of the fridge. So it works equally well as a last-minute, healthy supper and as a make-ahead lunch. You can use any cheese that tickles your fancy, but we are quite jazzed about this local, organic, plant-based option from Toronto alt dairy company Culcherd, which is now available in our Plant Pantry. It has so much flavour that you don’t need to add much else to make every bite of this simple salad flavourful and exciting. Serve with a glass of Blue Lemonade.
- 2 beets, halved
- ¼ wheel Plant-Based Herb and Garlic Cheese, cubed
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Juice from a quarter of a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh dill
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Place your halved beets in a rimmed baking dish with a quarter cup of water. Wrap aluminum foil tightly over top of the baking vessel to seal it (this will simultaneously roast and steam the beet. Roast until soft—around 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool
- Slice the beets into pita-sized wedges, and assemble cheese overtop.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve.
—By Raye Mocioiu